Monday, November 18, 2013

Not Much Farther

JG was in from Newberry last Friday. I drove him home and back in one morning. His part was not in. The car would have to stay over. He couldn't have that.

We talked about his wife's degenerative neurology, Harvard Medical, an upcoming trip to Mayo and how to retrofit his auto to accommodate his darling dear.

On the way back he mentioned Mac and was not familiar with the local MUG that meets at UWM. His trips to the Genius Bar have been less than ... he had anticipated.

He was in again this morning. He had not found the monthly MUG meeting online - which was actually yesterday - even though I gave him the exact URL: double-click.org - he even wrote it down. I can't really peek over. I'm driving.

He googled something at home and was not able to find it. Hmm ... maybe it's not the Genius Bar after all.

Today, on our way back to his house, we talked about food; specifically vegetarian. He's eaten that way for 30 years. He's worried now about soy and GMO. He thinks he might go Paleo. Agribusiness crept boldly in to our conversation. I mentioned walnuts, Blue Diamond and the FDA.

He looked up Thrive while we crossed the Milwaukee River on North Ave. He has his iPad and a hotspot with him.  Founder Foster Gamble has passion and resources ... a great combination.

We also mentioned Zukav, the Dancing Wu Li Masters, Timothy Leary, what else?

I drop him at home and I am on my way on to the remainder of my 132 miles around town.

I pick him up shortly after my shift is over. On the way back we start in somewhere else in the conversation. He brings up chemtrails. Now it's starting to get a little out there for me.
 www.whyintheworldaretheyspraying.com

Chemtrails; the big brothers club is weaponizing the weather. I don't doubt it.

Anyway, the dashboard calculator says that, over weeks and weeks of time, the average around-town speed I achieve is 24 mph. Today I went 132 in 5.5 hours. That looks like 24 to me.
I have gone farther in a single day but not by much.




No comments:

Post a Comment