Monday, November 4, 2013

Gussie the Clown

I met Gussie the Clown late last week. My first clown ride ... so to speak. She was dressed in her Housing Authority, day-job clothes, but still, wow, Gussie the Clown, balloon sculpturing, parades, fun and games.

I wonder about the time line overlap between her job and her side-job. Did she become a clown to relieve the pressure of the day job?

Gussie does not do many birthday parties. She says the expectations are just too high. She does work with a group at Family Day Games in Miller Park.

Her group from Waukesha is giving lessons in clowning soon. I asked her to send me the link. She said they have a Facebook page and she’d email it to me. I’ve not seen it yet. I did a little - unsuccessful - search. Busy weekend.

We talked about fun and games and the general lack thereof. Most of us have given that up by the time we’re in third grade. Fun and games is just not worth it for all the whining and moaning by authority figures.

I guess if you want to be a clown you’ll have to try harder than I did. It’s not all fun and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment