Thursday, November 14, 2013

Average Speed - 24mph

Only in the past four or five months have I begun to keep track of mileage. The dealer knows that we're going to offer the service anyway so, why bother to collect data?

And, there is so much data kept by the vehicle anyway.

I work the six-hour morning shift and am done at 1 p.m. I start driving at 7:30. That's 5.5 hours of drive time per day.

The dashboard on the van calculates that we are averaging 24 mph. I do some highway miles if I am going across town for parts. Going downtown in morning rush hardly counts as highway driving.

Occasionally I might go to Glendale, Racine, Vernon or Waterford. Even so: 24 mph. Average.

I do have to stop for passengers, of course: in and out.

Today I drove 119.9 miles in 5.5 hours and today was one of the top three days for mileage ever.
That is 21.8 mph up, down and all around town.

I came home and took a nap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment