Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Missing

Today, the last Saturday of August, I've listened to more than 100 audio clips and, either named them, or deleted them. I easily have a hundred clips to go. Some of them go back two years to my previous smart phone. It's not 'live' anymore but it does have the data.

I am gathering the stories for the next book. And I notice some of what is missing; those folks that I have not recorded merely because I collected their business card or made some other paper note.

Chelsea, the illustrator and natural scientist. Sam, aka Professor Lego. Albert Lo, PhD and SCORE counselor. Bob, the SeaDog sailing captain. Mike, the robot integrator. Gypsi, the energy worker. Qiao Qiao, the young Chinese entrepreneur that could not admit to wanting to hook me up with the Market America business plan.

These are the cards and notes surfing the current wave that washes over my workspace.

I have met so many people, experts in their own lives, with expertise in dozens of disciplines. People living with life and death. You will not see them on the news.

You will see them almost everywhere else though. In lines, in elevators, in transit, in waiting rooms; waiting. Waiting for someone, for you perhaps, to notice them. Or, if YOU slow down a bit, they might notice you. Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace?

"Competition is what keeps us hurtling along in solitude. Collaboration allows us a peek into meaning." ~ David L. White




No comments:

Post a Comment