Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Drive Time Peru

It never ceases to amaze me who jumps into the shuttle.

Here I am contemplating how to enlarge the practice of ‘drive time’ to ‘quality time’ in a coaching practice.

Thomas is finishing his last class at Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Elm Grove. He’s not imagining placement to a congregation but thinks he might start a Christian-flavored life coaching practice. Really!

He's working on a website and will appreciate an extra set of eyes on his copy. We are going for coffee next week to see how we may benefit and complement each other.

And a little while later Janet jumps in. When I worked for VW I drove by a particular house in Franklin several dozen times at the very least. It's a remarkable mini-mansion and it's Janet's. I almost could have cried.

She's a Peruvian native with a bit of Chinese heritage. People think she's Polynesian. It turns out we both know another person from her homeland. "Say hello," she said. I will be happy to make that report.

And, as it happens, she brings Peru, the 39th country on my shuttle customer list.

She was surprised I keep track. Why not? People are important.

No comments:

Post a Comment