Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Another Great Gratuity


Here are a couple of mini-notebooks you can keep in your pocket, so you will never have to risk not being able to record “that brilliant thought” that just came to you. Enjoy, Ron. 
P.S. I enjoyed your blog site.

Among the coolest
gratuities ever.


When Ron got seated in the shuttle I saw he had a sketchbook and pen on his lap. Away we went.

“Are you going to get anything done at home while you’re waiting for your car?” I asked.
“Yep. I’m popping up the tent camper; cleaning it out, getting ready for a little time off.”
“This time of year most folks are putting their campers away for the winter.”
“Well, I just finished up a seven month project and this is the time I have.”

It turns out he’s a software engineer specializing in user interface. He makes programs easier to use. He runs his own firm. And, when he was young, his father was a offset litho printer. He remembers.

We talked about clients, deadlines, expectations and the beautiful, wild fairyland of Peninsula State Forest in Door County Wisconsin. Mmmm ... down time.

Anyway, I asked him about sketching. He uses that book to think with. He did not show me anything. It’s more of a think book. I told him I understood that.

Hence the gift he sent along to me with the afternoon driver. I really wished we’d had more time.

...
The problem is you think you have time. ~ buddha
Be kind now. ~ david

No comments:

Post a Comment