Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Felicia Monrovia Liberia

As we neared the 2014 mid-term elections and the ebola scare was all over the news I met Felecia. I did not touch her car or her keys. She was not drooling, hacking, or wheezing.

She was mostly on her phone actually. And when she spoke she sounded vaguely Caribbean. Maybe that’s because the service advisor said that’s what he thought.

She had not traveled home recently or even known anyone in Milwaukee to have traveled home during the outbreak.

I was not concerned in the least. I came home, told my wife (just in case) and no one else. 

The elections came and went. Ebola was not eradicated but it’s usefulness as a boogeyman came to an abrupt end for the US political system.

It’s been well over 21 days. I can mention it to you now as I add Liberia to my list. I am now somewhat over fifty countries. The actual country count is somewhere in my notes.


I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment