Thursday, August 23, 2012

Winter Hardy Hibiscus

On my way into my McDonald’s there was a landscaping gal pulling up dead plants from the bed.

“Hey, Weed Lady,” I hollered. “You must know the name of those big flowering plants there.”

“They’re called Winter Hardy Hibiscus. You should see the ones on the north side of the parking lot at the Ryan Road store. Beautiful.” she said.

Since she had gloves on I showed her a thank you card and laid it on her basket near her phone.

“Keep up the good work, Weed Lady.” I said.

“You don’t know what that means. Thank you. My mom’s in the hospital. Her aorta’s leaking into her lungs. We don’t know what we’re going to do and it has been a very stressful couple of weeks.”

Many of us simply need someone to see us. Just for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment