Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Synchronicity

Monday a gal I was driving opened up to me on something she was finally admitting to herself. She had sought help before on a number of occasions all to no avail. She recommended a book at the library where, in those pages, she found herself. And only recently had located a service provider that made her do some of the heavy lifting. A provider that broke through, made sense, got her; a real connection.

It wasn’t just that there is some overlap at our house. It’s that we had been up to our noses in it two days prior. It used to surprise me more often who jumped into the van and how the story they choose to tell has a direct bearing on some situations or curiosities of my own.

And, as I have come to understand it, I needed to see her that day. I needed her to get into the van and tell me that story. And she did.


Parked at the curb near her work we shared a hug; bonus for the hard work we’d done, a bonding moment for the many lonely moments ahead.

1 comment: